Pattern cutting course - Skirt block
Make your own Pattern Blocks
Do you want to make clothes that REALLY fit?
Learn how to draft a pattern block from body measurements and then draft sewing patterns that fit you like a glove.
DRESSMAKERS if you are using commercial dress pattern this technique will take your sewing to a whole new level. Once you have drafted a basic garment block you can start to design your own patterns, giving you the freedom to choose the styles and fit that make you look and feel great.
"Wearing garments that suit your body shape never goes out of fashion." (Arianna Caldwaller - author of Sewing your perfect capsule wardrobe)
On this 4wk course you will:
- Take accurate body measurements, talk about fitting and understand how the process of pattern cutting.
- Add your measurements to spot and cross paper and start drafting your pattern block.
- Cut out and make a 'Toile' in Calico (Toile is a test garment and calico is a cheap cotton fabric)
- Fit your toile and make amends to your block, then cut our your finished pattern block on sturdy cardboard sheet.
- On your last session you will learn how to turn your block into a useable dress pattern and recap the whole method ready to start making the garment of your dreams.
Places will be limited as we like to keep class numbers small for a fun and personal experience.
Also see our Dressmaking Classes