Janome 230DC Sewing machine features February 2, 2020 18:43
One of our Favourite Sewing Machines is the Janome 230DC model.
We teach at Stitch Studio using these machines and cannot fault this one for its simplicity and useful features.
In this post we'll show you around the sewing machine and point out some of our favourite features so that you can see why this is our go to sewing machine for beginners and experts alike.
Firstly here's what you get when you buy the Janome 230DC Sewing Machine
- Sewing Machine (tightly packed in its box)
- Extension table (Bonus extra)
- Power supply cord
- Foot control Pedal
- Standard accessories (Covered in more depth below)
- Instruction manual
- 1years manufacturers standard guarantee
A large extension table comes as a Bonus with this model and is a handy tool for extending your sewing area when working on larger projects like quilts or curtains.
The table is also marked with Inches and Centimetres which is very useful for quick measuring when sat at the machine.
The power supply cord and foot pedal come separately as this model has a Start/Stop feature that allows you to sew without the pedal.
You will also be given a bag of accessories with your new machine, which include lots of essential little sewing tools, handy extra feet and the funniest looking screwdriver.
And finally this machine comes with a hard plastic cover which is great for protecting the machine and keeping dust off the surfaces.
So now you know what to expect to receive with a new machine here's a round up of all our favourite features.
1. Drop in Spool - definitely the quickest and easiest way to insert your spool thread.
2. Needle Threader - A handy little built in extra to help you thread your needle first time, every time.
3. Presser foot tension dial - This makes it very easy to adjust the force that presses down onto your fabric, a great feature when you are sewing chunky or layered fabrics.
4. Needle up/down setting - we love this setting when you need to pivot and change direction this feature makes sure that your needle will stay down into your work ensuring no messy corners or loose threads.
5. Speed Limiter - One of our students favourite features the speed limiter slider will stop you racing off if you are heavy footed or just need to slow down for accuracy.
6. 30 Stitch settings - This machine comes programmed with 30 different stitch and needle settings including 4 buttonhole shapes to choose from, lots of functional stitch settings like Blind Hem and Overlock plus plenty of pretty stitches too.
You will also find us on YouTube with Sewing Tutorials and How to guides using this machine.
If you like the look of the 230DC but want even more features check out the Janome 360DC model with 60 built in stitches for a fraction more money.